2 May 2018

To any entrepreneur: if you want to do it, do it now. If you don’t, you’re going to regret it.

Hello readers,

I am writing here after ages. I was tied up with numerous things after moving out to a new city. Yes, I have moved to Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan. And guess what I have started admiring the serene city.

Today's post is very important and this is about something very close to my heart. It is about my story as an entrepreneur.
Mysticare's Logo

“If you’ve got an idea, start today. There’s no better time than now to get going. That doesn’t mean quit your job and jump into your idea 100% from day one, but there’s always small progress that can be made to start the movement.”

As we grew up, we started working part-time along with the studies so our father would not have burdened alone with all the expenses. Back in 2016, my elder sister got married and moved abroad. Time flew and in a few months, my wedding date was fixed and I knew I'll be moving out soon.
What bothered me the most was that my father was about to retire, my sister left, and I was leaving soon. I was feeling helpless and I never wanted daddy to spend his savings for the rest of his life. My nights were sleepless; insomnia had embraced me and kept me awake to think about something before I leave my house. And during those sleepless nights, an idea rose in my mind. Everything started as nothing. I did not have big ideas. It was an immature small idea, which seemed to work out.
I suffered from the delusion that every product of my imagination was not only possible, but always on the cusp of becoming real. I aspire to choose something unique. For an emerging entrepreneur, it is very important for their product to be conspicuous in the crowd.
Mysticare- a blend of pure oils and herbs

I was young but I thought, ‘The earlier you start, the more time you have to mess up’. And what gave my thought a great kick was the famous quote by Michael Dunlop, ‘If you start with nothing and end up with nothing, there’s nothing lost.’

So I knew, my mum used to make oils for her hair and trust me the people who know her would agree how long and healthy her hair was and are.




My hair fall army 

The hair oil helped her the most when she was facing severe hair fall after the removal of her thyroid. I was determined yet not sure how it would turn out in public. Anyhow, I asked her to talk about the oil in the family. Eventually, our relatives asked for the oil and she gave away few samples and within no time, it was a hit product in the family. Her product was very famous in the neighborhood in a few months. But then we wanted to expand the reach and thought of giving it a name and made a Facebook page. After several attempts, I named it Mysticare. I named it, designed the logo, designed the stickers (yes, I did it on my own without any logo designing services.)

It kept on growing slowly and when last year as I was leaving the city, someone posted a very good review on a Facebook group and the orders started to pour in. Excited but sadly, we had to apologize and turned down the orders as we were out of town for my wedding festivities.
Mysticare Hair treatment Oil
Since then I manage the Facebook page from Islamabad and my sister take the orders from Karachi.
And Mashallah it's been a year and we are dispatching more than 15 hair oil bottles weekly. Moreover, a few new oils are in the pipeline and I will be launching the soon.

The hardest part about being an entrepreneur is that you’ll fail ten times for every success.

Today, I feel I helped my parents financially before leaving the house. Also, my mother always wanted to work as an entrepreneur and I supported her in this regard.

Anything can be done, as long as you truly believe it.

One message for everyone out there who wish to be an entrepreneur:
Stick with it, even on the bad days.

Please support my mother's start up and help us grow and reach to more people. x


No comments:

Post a Comment