30 June 2017

How did I get inspired about Yoga

So here I am wide awake at the middle of a cold rainy night. Rainy nights in Karachi are quite rare so it led me to contemplate about things I really never cared.

It has been raining since the morning and I am so in love with the enchanting weather. My window has a mesmerizing view of an abandoned land which has gradually turned into a jungle. I was enjoying the beauty of nature as a thought hopped into my mind of being isolated from the nature. For a moment I felt like some old school romantic poet who ran a movement that celebrated nature rather than civilization. Karachi is a happening city with busy streets and huge buildings everywhere. There is no doubt that I love my city, however, today I wanted to see more of the nature around me which sadly I could not.

This sudden sad philosophical feeling of isolating my existence from the nature grew stronger as it started to get darker outside and I could not view anything to appreciate nature. I felt lost and helpless. There were times in the past too when I wanted to reunite with the nature however it never happened and all my endeavors were in vain. I had once thought about morning walk but my neighborhood is surrounded by tall buildings which I really do not want to appreciate at the moment. What else I can do? I thought of painting for a moment but dropped the idea right away as I knew I was never going to do that. The struggle was real though. I picked up my phone and started browsing through pictures on my Instagram. Someone I was following had posted a picture of her doing a fantastic Yoga pose. I looked up in the sky and thanked God, why not- this has to be a clue from Him who helped me. God must have magically dropped a picture of a yoga pose on my Instagram wall. This was not the first time; He had sent me hints earlier too. I know I am soo blessed!!

Coming back to my struggle and the great help from Lord now I am determined about my plans. Yoga is the key to reunite with your soul and nature. How come it did not click my mind all these years? Great news is that I am moving to Islamabad in two months. Yoga in a city which is close to nature sounds like a perfect plan. But then I thought of a partner. Who would be my partner? Yes, I can practice it on my own but I know I will be in a dire of someone who will not be a mere partner but would be a motivation too. Bang! One more idea in my mind and this problem is also solved... Who else? It has to be my fiance! I cannot wait for the sun to rise so I would give him a call and tell about our future Yoga plans. My excitement cannot be expressed in words at this very moment.
These are the goals !!

If I close my eyes now and think of us in next four years, I see us doing Acro-yoga and teaching yoga to people together. I cannot bend more than an inch but I am determined that practice will make me flexible and there will be days when I will be able to do extremely hardcore postures like a boss! This is me with my newly born motivation and excitement. I shall be posting about my practice too..

No comments:

Post a Comment