13 March 2016

Bookish confessions of an ardent reader.

Today I thought I should share my pet-peeves and the bookish facts. So here we go:

1.     I was never into reading until I got enrolled for my master’s degree in English literature.

2.   My reading speed is as slow as a slug. I take ages to finish a book. Or maybe I enjoy each word LOL

3.   My reading pace is slow because I get easily distracted by any piece of information I bump into while reading and I end up looking for it on the internet.

4.   Pleasure reading is not my thing. I don’t read for pleasure. I read to learn. I read things quite critically. ( Since, my major was literature)

5.   Popular literature seems like trash to me. (Sorry, if that was harsh) I am more into classical literature. 

6.   I buy books to maintain my collection rather than reading them all.

7.   I am very fascinated by the bookshelves. I love to update my bookshelf and keep it neat.

8.   I always use a bookmark. Keeping the pages folded does not look ethical to me. Books can get hurt too and I am never going to hurt them.

9.   I do lend books, however when I do not get them back, that particular person will never get a one ever. 

10.  Every time I read something, it inspires me to write. Each word motivates me to write but by the time I finish reading, I am over with the craze to write too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment