13 February 2016

We are meant to wait… Let’s see till when.

It was not an ordinary morning. I could feel something very special in the air. Streets were occupied by the vendors selling beautiful red roses as my school bus drove me to the school. My friend told me about the places which she had seen on her way to school were decorated with glaring lights and flowers everywhere. It was meant to be that way since it was the day when all the lovers cherish and express the love to their beloved. Yeah, it was the Valentine’s Day.
Girls at the school were either busy in gossiping about their lavish plans for the night or some were truly excited about the exquisite presents they were going to get. However, a number of them were waiting for someone to ask them out. And I, on the other side of that much happening day felt a bit gloomy. There was a feeling deep within me which kept me down throughout the day. I was neither going out anywhere nor I was expecting any present. All I was doing was waiting. Yes, I was waiting eagerly. But waiting for what? My ears were longing to listen to the school bell ringing which means I was waiting for the school to get over so that I could reach home. I was not the only one who was impatient to reach home. There was someone who was far away and was waiting for me to reach home. The guy with whom I fell in love was waiting for me to send him a text message. He would call me the very next moment when he got to know that I had arrived home. We talked for hours without even realizing. Years passed and we celebrated Valentines the same way. This can justify why I was growing more melancholy every hour of that day. The distance was tearing me apart.
We have been in a long distance relationship since the beginning. We are meant to wait, this is what we believe. Yes, we believed in each other and wondered till when? Till when do we have to wait to be together for life <3. Each moment spent together either online or on call was special to us. We have been waiting since ages to celebrate our birthdays together. We have been waiting to cherish our anniversaries together. And here I am, after nine years of togetherness and living thousand miles apart, still waiting eagerly for him to reach home so we can talk. We will talk and plan about our future dates on the Valentine’s Day.
 Love and trust are the magic ingredients in our relation which has preserved its charm even after so many years. And today I can proudly state that we are one of the most joyful partners I have ever witnessed. The distance which I thought was tearing me apart actually turned out to be our strength. A yearn to see him incites me to live. I have no clue when I am going to see him next but the day I am going to see him I will welcome him in my arms with kisses. But let’s see when…

No comments:

Post a Comment